Discover the Opel Meriva, the compact multi-purpose vehicle with FlexDoors® and excellent efficiency. The Meriva is a combination of class-leading technology, innovation and features that adapts perfectly to your lifestyle.
Panoramic glass roof
Let the sunshine in. The panoramic glass roof standard on SE models extends over both seat rows, making the whole interior light and airy. And when there is too much sun it has an electric sunshade to keep you cool.
Inside, the cabin ambience is as welcoming as the wide opening doors. The Opel ‘wing’ interior theme rounds the whole fascia harmoniously from the instrument panel through to the door trims. With the shallow inclination of the centre console and slim A-pillars this gives a feeling of enhanced space.
Wide, supportive seats, ambient lighting and the use of textured materials, together with the high standard finish and quality feel of the controls makes a lasting impression.
Elegant and practical, Meriva’s ingenious FlexDoors® open to almost 90° so getting in and out could not be easier. Wider access makes it easier to lift young children in and out. Research by the Department of Industrial Design at Coventry University looked at the effects of lifting even a 5kg object (a small baby for example) in and out of Meriva’s rear seats. Compared with the previous model, the FlexDoors help reduce back-muscle loads by up to 58% and leaning and twisting angles by up to 48%. Back strain was reduced also when just getting in and out of the car.
Heated steering wheel
A unique comfort feature in this class is the optional heated steering wheel that quickly warms up cold hands. It is available in combination with heated front seats to provide additional climatic comfort.
Flex-Fix® rear carrier system
The fully integrated Flex-Fix® optional rear carrier system, capable of safely transporting two bicycles, disappears into the rear bumper when not in use.
Flex Floor load compartment
Our two-position, adjustable luggage compartment floor is standard. It maximises rear-load height and volume. In the upper position, it provides a convenient, flat loadspace – plus an extra 86 litres of loadspace under the Flex Floor.
FlexSpace® seating system
If you value spontaneity, you'll appreciate FlexSpace®. It's good to know that you can arrange the interior for whatever you have planned. Whether you need seats for five passengers or space for bulky items, the Meriva handles it without you ever having to remove a single seat. Outer rear seats easily slide backwards and inwards to create leg and shoulder room in four-seater configuration
FlexRail® storage system
FlexRail® is a unique modular storage system that provides highly versatile, modular storage and occupies the deep space between the two front seats. You can re-arrange the components to provide tailor-made storage for every journey.
Ergonomic sports seat
Meriva offers a fully orthopaedic driver’s sports seat with the following features:
- 6-way manual seat adjustment (fore/aft, up/down, cushion tilt)
- 4-way active head restraint
- Seat cushion length adjuster
- 4-way power lumbar support
The ergonomic sports seat is approved and recommended by AGR (Aktion Gesunder Rücken e.V.), a German medical association that has set orthopaedic requirements for car seats.
Stay well informed, connected and entertained. There are two CD radios, with MP3 format and auxiliary-in connection, and an advanced navigation system with large colour display.
- CD players with MP3 capability and auxiliary-in connectivity
- Dual tuner
- Optional Navi 600 navigation system which includes an aux-in, USB connection and 7-inch colour display
- Optional Bluetooth.
Meriva SC from €20,495
Additional features over and above S models:
- FlexRail® centre console system featuring aluminium rails and sliding tray/cup holder
- Full-size curtain airbags
- Active-safety front seat head restraints
- Air conditioning*
- Cruise control
- Steering wheel mounted audio controls
- Ambient lighting in centre console
- Front seat back pockets
- 12-volt electrical accessory socket in rear centre console
- Rear courtesy lights
- Seatbelt unfastened warning light for rear seats
- Remote control security alarm system
- 16-inch steel wheels with flush wheel covers
*Non air conditioned 1.4i 16v VVT (100PS) model also available.
Meriva SE from €22,495
Additional features over and above SC models:
- Panoramic glass roof with electrically operated sunshade
- 17-inch 10-spoke alloy wheels
- Front fog lights
- Dark-tinted rear windows
- Multi-function trip computer
- Electrically operated rear windows
- Leather-covered steering wheel
- Leather-covered gear knob (manual models only)
- Front sliding centre storage module with armrest and lid
- Aviation-style folding trays on front seat backs
- Driver’s underseat storage box
- Front passenger’s underseat storage tray
- Front and rear door sill step plates
- Full body-colour door mirrors
- Chrome-effect lower side-window mouldings
- 16-inch alloy wheels, with locking wheel nuts (only 1.6 CDTi (110PS))
- Ambient lighting in mid-centre console
- Security alarm system (1.6CDTi 16v (136PS) and 1.7CDTi 16v only)
The high-mounted gear lever enables positive, smooth shifting with the 5 and 6-speed manual transmissions, making gear changing a pleasure. A 6-speed automatic transmission is offered with the 1.7 CDTI with 81 kW (110 PS). On the road, it adapts itself to the style of the driver and the conditions, while the ActiveSelect® function lets the driver shift manually.
ecoFLEX efficient engines
The Opel Meriva ecoFLEX with the 1.3 CDTI engine with 70 kW (95 hp) and 119 g/km is the most economical and environmentally friendly way to enjoy the Opel Meriva.
Electric parking brake
The electric parking brake not only saves space, it also releases automatically when you drive off, making hill starts much easier. The optional hill start assist (HSA) helps prevent the vehicle from rolling back when you’re not using the electric parking brake.
Front and rear parking distance sensors
The front and rear parking-distance sensors detect obstacles in front and behind. The distance to the obstacles is indicated via a pulsing sound.
Adaptive Forward Lighting (AFL)
Your Meriva can be fitted with an optional halogen lighting system, featuring dynamic curve light and static cornering light for better visibility and enhanced safety.
All Meriva models feature fitted ISOFIX mountings on the outer rear seats. When used with the Vauxhall Duo ISOFIX child seat, this ensures the child seat is fixed and securely anchored.
Meriva’s wide opening FlexDoors® offer easier access to the rear seat, so it’s even simpler to secure a child safely. With front and rear doors open, Meriva makes it easier to control children as they step in or out of the car.
Passive safety features
Passive safety features include:
- Extremely rigid central safety cell
- Front, side and curtain airbags (available on Exclusiv and SE models as standard, and as part of the Protection Pack on Expression and S models)
- Pedal-release system (PRS)
- Active front headrests (on Exclusiv and SE models as standard, and as part of the Protection Pack on Expression and S models)
- Double, front seat belt pre-tensioners
- Advanced FlexDoors® safety concept.
Active safety features
Active safety features include:
- Latest generation of electronically controlled stability and brake systems as well as helpful driver assistance equipment.
- ESP-plus with anti-locking brake system (ABS) and corner brake control (CBC)
- Straight-line stability (SBS) controls and electronic brake-force distribution (EBD)
- Automatic lighting control (ALC, part of the optional Sight and Light Pack), to reduce driving stress
- Rain sensor as part of the optional Sight and Light Pack.